torsdag 7 mars 2013

DIY thread storage

I really love to sew and with that comes the love of buying fabrics, thread and other sewing items. My thread collection was already big but after I inherited my late aunts sewing stash it completely boomed.  With this came the issue of how to store all these thread spools without having a lot of clutter or cats playing around with them. First I tried to house them in a big box, but It got really messy with unraveling spools and tangled threads. I had to find another idea.

A couple of days later I was about to go out with the trash as I saw a piece of board in the pile of discarded items left after a renovation in our home. I decided to keep that board and turn it into a thread storage board. I armed myself with wooden barbeque skewers, glue and a small electric drill. A couple of hours later it was finished. And here is the result! No more tangled threads and I hung it high enough up the wall so that the cats can't reach it. This works well for me and was really easy and cheap to make :)
You can probably make much fancier looking ones than mine :)

1 kommentar: